When users run analyses, Presentation Services can cache the results of those analyses. Presentation Services determines if subsequent analyses can use cached results. If the cache can be shared, then subsequent analyses are not stored.
The files for the Presentation Services cache have names such as nQS_xxxx_x_xxxxxx.TMP. The files are created by the ODBC driver but generally do correspond to ODBC requests that the Presentation Services cache keeps open. The files are stored in the following directory:
The files for the cache are removed whenever Presentation Services shuts down cleanly. If Presentation Services shuts down unexpectedly, then various cache files might be left on disk. You can delete the files when Presentation Services is not running.
The Presentation Services cache is not the same cache that is accessed by the Oracle BI Server.
Sometimes we may need to clear the Presentation server cache also, to clear that follow the below steps:
- OBIEE 11G has a catalog manager command called “ClearQueryCache” to clear out the PS cache.
- The syntax of ClearQueryCache command is:
runcat.cmd/runcat.sh -cmd clearQueryCache -online <OBIPS URL> -credentials <credentials properties file>
- Create a catalog manager credential properties file. Open a text file and type the following entries.
Login = <weblogic_admin_Username>
Pwd = <weblogic_Admin_Userpassword>
And save in a directory with the file name as catmancredentials.properties.
- Now open command prompt and navigate to <MW_HOME>instances\instance1\bifoundation\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obips1\catalogmanager\
- And Run the following command to clear OBIPS query cache:
runcat.cmd -cmd clearQueryCache -online http://shiva-pc:9704/analytics/saw.dll -credentials E:\catmancredentials.properties