Oracle introduced another great application called “Oracle BI Mobile App Designer (MAD)” in Release 126.96.36.199.1 of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (Oracle BI EE). The Oracle BI Mobile App Designer (MAD) is a new design tool for business users easily to create stunning and interactive analytical applications for use on any major mobile device. With Oracle BI Mobile, businesses have been able to deploy full interactive dashboards with zero additional development using Oracle BI Mobile HD on iOS devices only, and now can create purpose-built mobile analytic applications for any smartphones and tablets with drag-and-drop simplicity using Oracle BI Mobile App Designer. BI Mobile App Designer complements BI Mobile HD and is packaged with BI Foundation Suite and the BI Mobile option to OBIEE.
OBI MAD Highlights:
- Mobile-first Business Apps – BI Mobile App Designer is the ideal solution for users that want targeted, business-specific mobile apps that are easy and fast to build, require no programming expertise, and can be delivered to users across all the major mobile platforms and devices. Apps are built with support for touch and gestural interactions built in.
- Intuitive App Design Interface – BI Mobile App Designer has a simple drag-and-drop interface that allows business users to select their data visualizations—including tables, charts, navigation panels, repeating grids, images, text narrative, etc.—and then drop these elements onto a palette to create mobile apps within minutes. Third-party plug-ins like Google Maps, Sunburst visualizer, etc., can be incorporated and used in a similar manner. A preview function allows users to preview their apps within a computer’s browser, or on a mobile device by scanning a QR code – without requiring any installation or configuration.
- Portable Device, Platform, Screen-size Design – BI Mobile App Designer is certified to support iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile smartphones and tablets. Since it supports HTML5, most mobile browsers can run BI Mobile App Designer apps; it requires no plug-in, no installation, and no download from a third-party app store.
- Enterprise Integration – Oracle BI Mobile App Designer is a part of and fully integrated with the Oracle BI Foundation. Users can create mobile apps with enterprise data from the BI Semantic layer (RPD), with data from BI Publisher data models, or even Excel data files, with seamless support for and the benefits of role-based data-level security that the Oracle BI Foundation suite provides
A sample Mobile app designer screen:
The result in iPad:
How to get this?
- BI Mobile App Designer is available now as a patch to Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition, version 188.8.131.52.1. [patch number 17220944 at support.oracle.com]
- BI Mobile App Designer is licensed at no extra charge with Oracle BI Foundation Suite and Oracle BI Mobile.
I’ll keep you guys posted about my experiences with OBI MAD. Stay tuned…