If you are experiencing out-of-memory issues on Managed Servers or if they are running slowly then we need to increase the size of the memory heap allocated for the Java VM to at least one gigabyte:
The steps needed to increase JVM:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click Environment, then Servers.
- Click a Managed Server name.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Open the Server Start tab in the second row of tabs.
- Include the memory parameters in the Arguments box, for example:
-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
The memory parameter requirements may differ between various JVMs (Sun, JRockit, or others).
Save the configuration changes and Restart all running Managed Servers.